Friday, June 12, 2009

Hokusai: An Animated Sketchbook, Tony White, 1978

Today, you are going to learn a bit of art history.

Don't worry, it will be cool.

In the late 1970s, animator Tony White... Ah, I'll let him tell you.
This was my first ever... and still my favorite... short animated film! I created it in my spare time while I was still a director/animator at the Richard Williams Studio in London during the late ...
This was my first ever... and still my favorite... short animated film! I created it in my spare time while I was still a director/animator at the Richard Williams Studio in London during the late 1970's.
... The film itself was inspired by the wonderful sketchbooks of Hokusai. When I saw them I realized that this artist was indeed a true animator at heart... he just didn't have the knowledge or the technology to be one in his lifetime. I therefore sought to bring his drawings to life for him, as homage to his genius.


No comments:

Post a Comment